New Vision Church has 8 Core Values. By no means are these exhaustive in what we intend to accomplish as a Church but representative of all that we desire to be and demonstrate to the world around us.
- Love. The basis for what we do is love for God and love for others. Scripture tells us that God is Love (1 John 4:8) and that we are to love one another (John 13:34-35).
- Biblical. We are a Bible-believing church which means we take God’s Word as our final authority in moral and spiritual issues. We esteem God’s Word and study it to show ourselves approved unto God and man (2 Timothy 2:15). We believe God’s Word is not only relevant but essential to our growth as followers of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 119:9-11).
- Authentic. It is important for us that we be real and true to all that we say we are. Integrity is an important value to us and authenticity is how this value is revealed. We seek to be honest with God and others about our lives, sharing joys and sorrows (1 Peter 3:16, Proverbs 21:3).
- Committed. Without a commitment, nothing is accomplished. We seek to be people who are not only committed in word but in deed. We understand that living a life of faith is not done in convenience but through commitment (Luke 14:25-27, James 1:22-25).
- Connected. As a Church it is important to us to be connected to God and to one another. We will pray for one another and encourage one another in public and private. We will gather in worship meetings and smaller groups to grow together as the Family of God (1 Thessalonians 5:12-22, Hebrews 10:24-25).
- Diversity. We are diverse in our congregation because God is diverse in His creation. We will seek to be a Church who reaches the unreached and people of all nations. We also are diverse in our generations. God is a God of all ages and generations and our church will seek to minister to people of all ages from all walks of life (Exodus 3:14-16, Matthew 28:18-20).
- Spirit-Filled. God has given us His Spirit and filled each believer with talents and gifts. We are a Church that believes in God’s ability to use each of us in varying ways to build His Church. As we submit to His leadership, God’s Spirit leads each of us to serve Him, His Kingdom and one another ( 1 Corinthians 12).
- Service. As followers of Jesus, one of his commands was for us to serve one another (John 13:14-17). Our service isn’t limited to just what we feel like doing but in obedience to what Christ has commanded. We are a church that seeks to serve any we can by all means we can.